It is recommended that the participants hold at least a Bachelor of Engineering degree or have a certain foreknowledge of power cables. The Power cables in general course is a recommended preparation, but not a requirement.
This in-depth practical two-day training course is part of a series of courses on power cables, consisting of a general three-day course, Power cables in general and several in-depth two- and three-day courses, providing more detailed information on the following topics:
- Ampacity and engineering aspects of power cables
- Ageing, quality assurance, testing, diagnostics and failures of power cables
- Asset management, maintenance and remaining life of power cables
On request, Energy Academy can also provide an in-house training course in English or Dutch (content, location and duration of the course can be adapted to the client’s wishes). Please contact us for more information.
- Causes of failures
- Degradation mechanisms
- Testing cables during the production and operation phases
- Failure analyses
Anyone involved (or to be involved) with power cables in the course of their daily work. It is recommended that the participants hold at least a Bachelor of Engineering degree or have a certain foreknowledge of power cables. The Power cables in general course is a recommended preparation, but not a requirement.
Next to underground power cable courses, DNV GL also offers three courses in the field of HVDC and submarine power cables:
- HVDC power cables (three days)
- Submarine power cables (three days)
- HVDC submarine power cables (five days)